Error On Your Employment Background Check In California?
You may be entitled to a $10,000 minimum recovery. At DHF Law, P.C., we sue background check companies for errors. We can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
You Could Be Entitled To $10,000 Or More For Errors Such As:
Than 7 Years
You Deserve Compensation For Employment Screening Errors
Did you lose a job prospect in California because your background check came back with wrong or outdated information? You may be entitled to significant compensation. The law imposes strict limits on what information can be disclosed in background checks. For example, in California, arrests that did not result in a conviction cannot be reported. Nor can convictions older than seven years (except in limited situations). The law also requires employers and background check companies to give you notice of the report and an opportunity to challenge it.
At DHF Law, P.C., we can help you dispute the background check report and pursue compensation.
Millions Of Dollars In Proven Case Results
Background Checks Aren’t Foolproof
Mistakes and illegal disclosures happen more often than you’d think. Background check companies routinely make errors such as:
- Reporting information for the wrong person (mismatching names, especially among those with common names)
- Disclosing sealed or expunged records
- Disclosing outdated information (including old criminal convictions)
- Providing misleading information (such as misreporting charges)
- Misclassifying criminal offenses
- Leaving out critical information (such as an acquittal)
- Reporting convictions older than seven years (in California, with limited exceptions)
- Reporting arrest records that didn’t result in a conviction (in California)
You should not pay the price for the mistakes of background check companies that care more about their bottom line than the rights and reputations of consumers. At DHF Law, P.C., we’ll stand up for you, fighting for every penny of available compensation.
“Devin helped me recover $100,000 after I lost a job with Walmart due to errors on my background check report. He helped me through tough times, and I consider him a great friend!”